Are you concerned that your chest does not have as much as a natural appearance as you’d like it to? Do you wish you could improve the appearance of your bust line? If you have had a mastectomy, you understand how traumatic an experience it can be. You may have also been told DIEP Flap breast reconstruction is an option for regaining a natural look and feel to your breasts. Unfortunately, not all women are good candidates for traditional DIEP. If this is the case for you, do not be discouraged.
There is a new take on the procedure called Stack DIEP flap reconstruction that may be able to help you, while still delivering the results you deserve. At the office of Dr. Usal, we are passionate about supporting you in regaining control over your body’s aesthetics post-mastectomy. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with our team in Paramus, NJ, to learn more about how this procedure could benefit you.
Benefits of Stack DIEP Flap Reconstruction:
- It can typically be done on women who do not qualify for traditional DIEP because they lack sufficient stomach fat.
- It is ideal for women who have had a single mastectomy.
- There is no need for implants. Your natural tissues will be used for reconstruction, providing a natural feel.
- Unlike TRAM flap reconstructive surgery, it does not require muscle removal from the abdomen, lowering certain risk factors.
- You can choose to have the reconstruction done during your mastectomy or following it. Doing the reconstruction during your mastectomy may minimize trauma and additional interventions for some women. If chosen to have it done afterward, it can provide viable post-mastectomy options.
Good Candidates for the Procedure
Stack DIEP flap reconstruction has well-documented benefits. Ideal candidates for this procedure typically:
- Have healthy circulation and blood flow
- Are a healthy weight
- Have a healthy respiratory system
- Are a non-smoker
Speak with Dr. Usal to find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
If you are interested in seeing whether Stack DIEP flap reconstruction can be an option for you, we welcome you to visit our office. Our goal is to provide the professional medical support, guidance, and information you need to choose the best reconstructive procedure. Contact Dr. Usal in Paramus, New Jersey, today to schedule your initial consultation. We will help you with your journey to taking back your personal power, preserving your body, and womanhood in the way you choose.